You are here
Silex is a micro framework built with symfony. It's definately peaked my interest because of it's simplicity. It's also talk me a lot about the symfony architecture and workflow and it's quirks E.g. why one has to register routes in a yml file and register bundles in the app file, etc. A lot of those conventions are used in silex as well but just abstracted and simplified.
Here are some things I've learned over the couple days.
- Silex Routes are created and with a closure
- Silex uses providers in which you can access the objects through the application object.
- In order to access your object it's best if you use create a service
I've started to create a collection of decent Silex walkthroughs:
- PHP like a pro part 6 by Terminally Incoherent This is probably the best walkthrough i've seen on the internet to date. AFAIK.
- Injecting your class into silex $app
- My First silex application - A bit on the old side because the API has changed (specifically use of composer and autoloading) but for the most part a lot of the core concepts are there.